GFA provides Members with a wide range of services, support and activities, all designed to help your business grown and succeed.
Focused specifically on businesses that provide good food products to the Chicago area, we welcome businesses that are just starting out through ones that are established and ready to take a leap forward.
Because our focus is on good food, all Members are required to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Local Sourcing: A specific percentage of ingredients produced within 50 miles of primary operations
- Healthy Food: No additives, no added chemicals, no added antibiotics/hormones, non-GMO, certified gluten-free, certified organic, reduced sugar, reduced saturated fats, reduced salt and/or reduced calories
- Fair Labor Practices: Living wage, overtime pay and/or paid sick leave
- Responsible Animal Practices: Sourcing meat products/ingredients from facilities with humane and ethical animal husbandry practices
- Waste Reduction: Carbon and/or waste reduction practices at facilities
- Sustainability: Packing and/or shipping materials are recyclable